June 2008 till now
Mjek prane Sherbimit te Semundjeve Infektive QSU Tirane I am working at the Service of Infectious Diseases
Qe nga viti 2010 konsulent per semundjet infective prane Spitalit Amerikan
Maj 2004-Maj 2008
Mbrojtje e doktoratures me temen rreth sepsis prane Sherbimit te Semundjeve Infektive, QSU, Tirane
Specializim per Semundjet Infektive
Publikime nderkombetare etc
1. Puca E, et al. Hemorrhagic Fever with Renal Syndrome Complicated by Orchitis. Virologica Sinica 2011, 26(4) 285-288 DOI: 10.1007/s12250-011-3182-0. PubMed
2. E Puca, et al. Sepsis: History and definition. Medicus 2011, Vol. XVI (2): 260-266.
3. A Pilaca, Z Delia, A Pepa, E Puca, Dh Kraja. Vertical transmission of the Visceral Leishmaniasis: A case report. Journal of US-China Medical Science. Oct 2011, Vol 8, No 10 (Serial No. 83), pp 642-645.
5. E Puca, et al. Hemorrhagic Fever with Renal Syndrome Associated with Acute Pancreatitis. Virologica Sinica 2012, 27(3) 214-217 DOI: 10.1007/s12250-012-3231-3 ISSN: 1674-0769 CN: 42-1760/Q. PubMed
6. E Puca. Sepsis, this Hard, Difficult and Serious Syndrome. Clinical Microbiology: Open Access. Editorial, Clin Microbial 2013, 2:1 http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/cmo.1000e105
7. E Laho, E Puca. Acute myocardial infarction in a child due to spider bite. Journal of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases 2014. 2014; 4 (2): 69-71JMID doi: 10.5799/ahinjs.02.2014.02.0130
8. E Puca, et al. A short review of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome and its extra renal complications. J of Micro and Inf Dis. Special issue 1. 54-58;2014 (1).
9. E Puca. Urinary Tract Infection in Adults. Clin Microbiol 2014, 3:6
10. B Xhani, E Puca. Stigma and HIV/AIDS in Low and Middle Income Country. J AIDS Clin Res 5:e116. doi: 10.4172/2155-6113.1000e116
11. E Puca. Ebola Disease and Health Care Workers Heroism. Trop Med Surg 2014, 2:4 doi: 10.4172/2329-9088.1000e124
12. E Puca, et al. Evaluation of Procalcitonin in Adult Patients with Fever. International. Journal of Science and Research (IJSR). Volume 3 Issue 12, December 2014:2421-2425 Paper ID: SUB141001
13. E Muco, ….. E Puca et al. Latent and Reactivated Toxoplasma Gondii Infection in HIV-Infected Patients in Albania. International. Journal of Science and Research (IJSR). Volume 4 Issue 3, Mars 2015:345-348 Paper ID: SUB151929
14. E Puca. Is the World Prepared for the New Immigration Wave? Puca, Clin Microbiol 2015, 4:6 http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2327-5073.1000e131
15. E Muco, …..E Puca, et al. Immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome and toxoplasmic encephalitis in HIH-patients. International Journal of Information Research and Review Vol. 2, Issue, 04, pp. 584-588, April, 2015.
16. E Puca et al. Sphingomonas paucimobilis from Blood Stream Infection to Spondylodiscitis. Clin Microbiol 2015, 4:3 http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2327-5073.1000203
17. E Puca et al. Pericarditis as a Rare Complication of Severe Leptospirosis. Trop Med Surg 2015, 3:3 http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2329-9088.1000193
- Emine Qehaja Buçaj, Edmond Puca, Sadie Namani, Muharem Bajrami, Valbon Krasniqi, Lindita Ajazaj Berisha, Xhevat Jakupi, Bahrie Halili, Dhimiter Kraja. Brucellosis in Kosovo and Clinical Features of Brucellosis at University clinical center of Kosovo. Journal of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases 2015; 5 (4): 147-150
- E Puca et al. Ocular and cutaneous manifestation of leptospirosis acquired in Albania: A retrospective analysis with implications for travel medicine. Travel Medicine and Infectious Disease · February 2016 DOI: 10.1016/j.tmaid.2015.11.011
20. E Puca et al. Acute encephalitis as initial presentation of leptospirosis. J Infect Dev Ctries. 2017 Apr 30;11(4):361-363. doi: 10.3855/jidc.8613.
21. N Jonida, Puca E et al. Indicators of social support in patients with multiple sclerosis in Albania. European journal of biomedical and life sciences. 2017.
22. E Puca. Sepsis, an Old Problem for Clinicians. Clin Microbiol 6:e138. doi: 10.4172/2327-5073.1000e138
23. E Rista,….. E Puca et al. Leptospirosis, Focus on Related Acute Kidney Injury among Albania Patients. Vol. 4, Issue 2, October 2016 – March 2017
24. Rista E, ….. Puca E at al. ,Hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome in Albania. Focus on predictors of acute kidney injury in HFRS. J Clin Virol. 2017 Jun;91:25-30. doi: 10.1016/j.jcv.2017.03.021. Epub 2017 Mar 31.
25. E Duka, E Puca et al. Infections in Immunocompromised Patients from Diabetes Mellitus. Vol. 5, Issue 1, April 2017 – September 2017
26. M Turktana….., E Puca, Jordi Rellon. Community acquired infections among refugees leading to Intensive Care Unit admissions in Turkey. Int J Infect Dis. 2017 May;58:111-114. doi: 10.1016/j.ijid.2017.02.022. Epub 2017 Apr 15.
27. E Puca et al. Ocular Parasitic Infections (book chapter) http://www.smgebooks.com/ocular-diseases/chapters/OD-17-03.pdf. ISBN: 978-1-944685-17-1
28. Sonila Bitri Tivari, Esmeralda Thoma, Entela Puca, Eugjen Sotiri, Edmond Puca. What are the factors affecting GGT elevation in patients with severe alcohol use disorders in Albanian population? J Liver Res Disord Ther. 2017;3(5):123-126. DOI: 10.15406/jlrdt.2017.03.00069
29. E Puca et al. Is leptospirosis a disease that attack males more than females? Appli Micro Open Access 2017, 3:2(Suppl) DOI: 10.4172/2471-9315-C1-006
30. E Qyra, E Puca et al. Hemorrhagic fevers with renal syndrome presenting with pregnancy interruption. Journal of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases 2017; 7 (4):198-201 doi: 10.5799/jmid.369267
31. E Puca et al. Pancreatitis in patients with hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome. The Journal of Infection in Developing Countries 11 (11):900-903.
33. E Puca et al. Acute Encephalitis; A Short Review and Problems in Daily Practice for Clinicians. Encephalitis. ISBN:978-1-944685-15-7
34. E Puca et al. The role of gender in human leptospirosis. J Infect Dev Ctries 2018; 12(3):150-155. doi:10.3855/jidc.9805
35. E Puca et al. Two cases of imported hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome and systematic review of literature. Travel Medicine and Infection Diseases. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tmaid.2018.07.010
36. H Erdem, E Puca, et al. Portraying infective endocarditis: results of multinational ID-IRI study. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis (2019). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10096-019-03607-x
37. Edmond Puca; Entela Puca; et al. The Role of Procalcitonine in Septic Patients. Chapter in sepsis book. https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/4cc7/892b060febc2c936d4beb638cbcbd488adb4.pdf
38. Ermira Muço, ………., Edmond Puca, Dhimitër Kraja. Infective Endocarditis Related to Intravenous Drug User: Report of Four Cases. The Open Infectious Diseases Journal, 2018, Volume 10. DOI: 10.2174/1874279301810010001
39. Sonila Tivari Bitri, Entela Puca, Eugjen Sotiri, Esmeralda Thoma, Edmond Puca. Liver toxicity of Naltrexone. a case study and review of literature. J Liver Res Disord Ther. 2018;4(1): 53-55. DOI: 10.15406/jlrdt.2018.04.00098.
40. Tosun S, Batirel A, Oluk AI, Aksoy F, Puca E, Bénézit F, Ural S, Nayman-Alpat S, Yamazhan T, Koksaldi-Motor V, Tekin R, Parlak E, Tattevin P, Kart-Yasar K, Guner R, Bastug A, Meric-Koc M, Oncu S, Sagmak-Tartar A, Denk A, Pehlivanoglu F, Sengoz G, Sørensen SM, Celebi G, Baštáková L, Gedik H, Dirgen-Caylak S, Esmaoglu A, Erol S, Cag Y, Karagoz E, Inan A, Erdem H. Tetanus in adults: results of the multicenter ID-IRI study. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2017 Aug;36(8):1455-1462. doi: 10.1007/s10096-017-2954-3. Epub 2017 Mar 28.
41. Diktas H, Uysal S, Erdem H, Cag Y, Miftode E, Durmus G, Ulu-Kilic A, Alabay S, Szabo BG, Lakatos B, Fernandez R, Korkmaz P0, Caliz MC, Argemi X, Kulzhanova S, Kormaz F, Yilmaz-Karadag F, Ergen P, Atilla A, Puca E, et al. A novel id-iri score: development and internal validation of the multivariable community acquired sepsis clinical risk prediction model. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2019 Dec 10. doi: 10.1007/s10096-019-03781-y.
42. Erdem H, Puca E, Ruch Y et al. Portraying infective endocarditis: Results of multinational ID-IRI study. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis.2019;38(9):1753-1763
43. Puca E, et al. A case with high bilirubinemia and hemolytic anemia during leptospirosis and a short review of similar cases. Caspian J Intern Med. 2020 Fall;11(4):441-445. doi: 10.22088/cjim.11.4.441. PMID: 33680388; PMCID: PMC7911769.
44. Petrit Hoxha, ……, Edmond Puca. Precocious Puberty as a Result of Congenital Hypothyroidism. Am J Biomed Sci & Res. 2020 – 7(1). AJBSR. DOI: 10.34297/AJBSR.2020.07.001114.
45. Ermira Muco, A Hasa, A Rroji, A Kushi, Edmond Puca, Dhimiter Kraja. Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome in a Patient with Hemorrhagic Fever with Renal Syndrome. Case Reports in Infectious Diseases Volume 2020, Article ID 1017689, 5 pages https://doi.org/10.1155/2020/1017689.
- Puca E, Čivljak R, Arapović J, Popescu C, Christova I, Raka L, Cana F, Miranović V, Karageorgopoulos D, Baš D, Paglietti B, Barać A. Short epidemiological overview of the current situation on COVID-19 pandemic in Southeast European (SEE) countries. J Infect Dev Ctries. 2020 May 31;14(5):433-437. doi: 10.3855/jidc.12814. PMID: 32525826.
- Puca E, Puca E, Pipero P, Kraja H, Como N. Severe hypocalcaemia in a COVID-19 female patient. Endocrinol Diabetes Metab Case Rep. 2021 Jan 27;2021:20-0097. doi: 10.1530/EDM-20-0097. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33522493; PMCID: PMC7849476.
- Malerba M, Ragnoli B, Puca E, Pipero P. Supporting healthcare workers on front lines of the Covid-19 fight. Acta Biomed. 2020 Nov. 10 ;91(4):e2020157
- Edmond Puca, Entela Puca, at al. (2021). COVID-19 in a Patient Newly Diagnosed with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. SOJ Microbiol Infect Dis 8(1):1-4.
- Saydam FN, Erdem H, ………., Puca E et al. Vector-borne and zoonotic infections and their relationships with regional and socioeconomic statuses: An ID-IRI survey in 24 countries of Europe, Africa and Asia. Travel Med Infect Dis. 2021 Nov-Dec;44:102174. doi: 10.1016/j.tmaid.2021.102174. Epub 2021 Oct 23. PMID: 34699956.
- Puca E, Puca E. Premature Ovarian Failure Related to SARS-CoV-2 Infection. J Med Cases. 2022 Apr;13(4):155-158. doi: 10.14740/jmc3791.
- Mediu R, Rama A, Puca E (2022) Evaluation of neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio and immune response in patients vaccinated with Pfizer-Biontech vaccine. J Infect Dev Ctries 16:745-751. doi: 10.3855/jidc.16310
- Petri O, Abazaj E, Daka A, Huti G, Puca E, Brati B. The Epidemiological Situation and Clinical Characteristic Aspect Cause by COVID-19 in Suspected Cases in Albania. Open Access Maced J Med Sci ;10(B):1062-7. Available from: https://oamjms.eu/index.php/mjms/article/view/8824
- Rista E, Puca E, et al. Acute kidney injury in leptospirosis: A country-level report. Travel Med Infect Dis. 2022 Jun 2;49:102359. doi: 10.1016/j.tmaid.2022.102359. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 35660008.
- Puca E, Shapo L. For how long can monkeypox reach the Balkan region? Travel Med Infect Dis. 2022 Jun 11;49:102382. doi: 10.1016/j.tmaid.2022.102382.
Prezantime nderkombetare 2012
1. Puca E, et al. 20th European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Vienna/Austria, 10-13 Aprile 2010. Clinical Microbiology and Infection (CMI) Volume 16, supplement no.2, page S 398.¹(P)
2. E Puca et al. Leptospirosis as a rural illness in Albania. 3RD International Congress on rural health (ICRH-3) in Mediterranean and Balkan countries, Tirana, Albania 22-25 September 2010.¹(OP)
3. E Puca et al. Hemorrhagic Fever with Renal Syndrome from Dobrave virus a threatening illness for rural health. 3RD International Congress on rural health (ICRH-3) in Mediterranean and Balkan countries, Tirana, Albania 22-25 September 2010.¹(OP)
4. E Puca et al. Use of procalcitonin for the first time in Albania as a marker of systemic infection. 18th Meeting of Balkan Clinical Laboratory Federation, 22-25 September 2010, Tirana, Albania Balkan Journal of Clinical Laboratory, XVII,10,1. p141. ¹(P).
5. E. Puca, et al. Trendy of leptospirosis in Albania. International Meeting on Emerging Diseases and Surveillance 2011. Vienna, Austria. February 4–7, 2011. ¹(P)
6. E. Puca, et al. Serological confirmation is decisive for the diagnoses of Dobrava virus infection. Case report. International Meeting on Emerging Diseases and Surveillance 2011 Vienna, Austria. February 4–7, 2011.
7. E Puca, et al. Serum procalcitonin measurement as a marker of sepsis. 13th European Congress of Endocrinology. Rotterdam, Netherlands. 30 April – 04 May 2011.
8. E Puca, et al. The value of inflammatory test in sepsis. IFCC, WorldLab, EuroMedLab Berlin 2011; 49, Special Supp, pp S1-S874, May 2011. (P)
9. E. Puca, et al. Pulmonary manifestations of leptospirosis. Int J of Inf Dis. June 2012 V16;suppl 1,pe459459. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijid.2012.05.660
10. E. Puca, et al. Leptospirosis as a multiorgan dysfunction disease. International Scientific Excanche Abstract. 15th International Congress on Infectious Diseases. Bangkok, Thailand. June 13 ~ 16, 2012.(P)¹
11. E Puca, et al. An overview of the sepsis situation in the Department of Infection Diseases, University Hospital Center, Tirana. Critical Care 2012, 16(Suppl 3):P114. doi: 10.1186/cc11801
12. E Puca, et al. Is visceral leishmaniasis a sepsis or not? Critical Care 2012, 16(Suppl 3):P115 doi: 10.1186/cc11802
13. E Puca, et al. Evaluation of procalcitonin in patients with sepsis in Albanian adults. Critical Care 2012, 16(Suppl 3):P114. doi: 10.1186/cc11803
14. E Puca. Therapeutic challenges of complicated urinary tract infections and urosepsis. Abstract book of 5th Eurasia Congress of Infectious Diseases, Tirana, Albania, 15-18 May 2012. p 90-92.
15. E Puca et al. Sepsis after endovesical installation of Bacillus Calmette-Guerin. Abstract book of 5th Eurasia Congress of Infectious Diseases, Tirana, Albania, 15-18 May 2012. p189.(P)
16. E Puca et al. Clinical and laboratorical presentation of leptospirosis in Albania. Abstract book of 5th Eurasia Congress of Infectious Diseases, Tirana, Albania, 15-18 May 2012. p205.(P)
17. E Puca et al. Some data about urosepsis. Abstract book of 5th Eurasia Congress of Infectious Diseases, Tirana, Albania, 15-18 May 2012. p214.(P)¹
18. E Puca et al. Alteration of blood glucose in patients with sepsis. Abstract book of 5th Eurasia Congress of Infectious Diseases, Tirana, Albania, 15-18 May 2012. p214.(P)¹
19. E Puca et al. Albanian experience on evaluation of PCT in patients with sepsis. Abstract book of 5th Eurasia Congress of Infectious Diseases, Tirana, Albania, 15-18 May 2012. p314.(OP)¹
20. E Puca, et al. The superiority of procalcitonin versus C-reactive protein in sepsis diagnosis. Abstract (Eposter session) Biomarkers. ECCMID 2014, Barcelona, Spain(eP¹
21. E Puca. Therapeutic challenges of urinary tract infections. The 6th Eurasia Congress of Infectious Diseases, Belgrade, Serbia, 24-27 September 2014 p96-98 (OP).
22. Puca E et al. sepsis in immunocompromised patients in the service of infectious diseases. 2nd International medical congress in Albania. September 15-19, 2016, Tirane, Albania.
23. Puca E, Daka A, Puca E. New innovation on sepsis diagnosis. 3nd International medical congress in Albania. November 16-18, 2017. Tirane, Albania
24. E Puca et al. Hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome in Albania, during last five years. 27th European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ECCMID). Vienna, Austria 9-12 April 2017.
25. E Puca et al. Could high level of procalcitonin differentiate sepsis from Gram-negative, Gram-positive and fungal pathogen? 27th European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ECCMID). Vienna, Austria 9-12 April 2017.
26. E Puca et al. Some dates about leptospirosis in Albania and the role of gender predisposition in leptospirosis. 3rd International Conference on Influenza and Zoonotic Diseases. August 21-22, 2017 Birmingham, UK.
27. E Puca et al. New innovation on sepsis diagnosis. 3rd International Multidisciplinary Medical Congress, Tirana, Albania. 16-18 November 2017.
28. E Puca et al. Sepsis in immunocompromised patients. International Conference on Internal Medicine and Patient Care & 6th Edition of International Conference on Pain Management March 26-28, 2018 Vienna, Austria. Int J Anesth Pain Med 2018, Volume 4 DOI: 10.21767/2471-982X-C1-003.
29. E Puca et al. Viral hepatitis during pregnancy. The 21st ESCV 23-26 September 2018 at Athens, Greece.
30. E Puca et al. Two cases of imported hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome The 21st ESCV 23-26 September 2018 at Athens, Greece.
31. E Puca. Approach to the patient with fever of unknown origin. 4th International Medical Multidisciplinary Congress. 15-17th November 2018, Tirana, Albania.
32. E Puca et al. Measles, an old infectious disease in new era. 29th ECCMID Amsterdam, Netherlands 2019.
33. Edmond Puca at al. an panoramic view of clinical presentation of leptospirosis in Albania. 7 international conference on internal Medicine and Patient crae. March 26-28, 2018. Vienna, Austria.
34. E Puca et al. is leptospirosis a disease that attack males more than females? 12 interantional Congress on Micrbial Interaction and Applications of beneficial Microbes. July 17-18, 2017 Munich, Germany.
35. E Puca. Hemorrhagic fever. BUHASDER congress. 16-20 October 2019, Izmir, Turkye